How I Became A Chef pt.2









We were wealthy back then, thanks to my grandfathers lifelong hard work, so we had cooks. They cooked very meal. Some were phenomenal, some.. well it was just a job to them so the effort was never there. 


But they were part o the family. They helped raise me and my siblings. 
Got us dressed for school in the morning. Arepas and cafe con leche every day. Followed by a folic acid shot chaser and a mouthful of flinstone vitamins.. oh how I miss them, don’t know why they don't make them for adults!



There was a maid that I will remember forever. Her name was Victoria, she worked for my grandfather for over 40 ears. Till the bells tolled for her. 

She was like a mother to me. 
She came from a small town called Petare. Where the poor of to make the best with what the can. High criminal activity  always, similar to a  favela in Brazil. Fortunately she lived in the house with us so she never really had to endure the horror of that place.
















(Venezuela back in the 50s)

Comments

Popular Posts