How I Became A Chef pt.1



I've always been inclined to the culinary world. Since I was young I saw my aunts and my parents always in the kitchen, baking, making ridiculous amounts of food. My dads side of the family is Italian, so everything they do is exaggerated.
Baking has always fascinated me the most. I always stood on the sidelines watching every whisk of the flour, did of the spoon carefully measured ingredients( plus a pinch cause they all have their own personal touch haha)

I grew up in Caracas, Venezuela. If there is anything Venezuelans can do... is eat! Any occasion is good for a feast, a bottle and dancing. That lifestyle has definitely been embedded in me. Every week there was a party at my house, it was always somebody's birthday, someone got married, just a random Tuesday night.. Even when someone dies the whole block parties!

To me the life of the party was the spread. I would stuff my face (and pockets..saving snacks for later) till I couldn't breathe. Cheese, charcuterie, crackers, bread, roasts, arepas.. the list goes on!!

Comments

Popular Posts